2 years ago
WHAT IS A CAR CLUB & WHY SHOULD I USE IT?
Our car club’s a great way to save money and offers a large selection of cars to choose from. They can be found waiting for you at convenient locations around London, and are suitable whether it be for a weekend break.
What is a Car Club?
Well... The costs and hassle of owning a car can really add up. Tax, MOT, insurance, servicing, cleaning, parking permits, the list goes on...
But imagine having access to a selection of cars parked in convenient locations around where you live, work and study, available 24/7, 365 days of the year. Vehicles which are looked after by someone else, and that you only ever pay for when you need them.
That's where our Car Club, Matcha, comes in.
Why should I use a Car Club?
There are many cases that our Car Club would come in handy, whether it be for a weekend break, meetup with friends, a shopping trip or even a day out to the beach.
But why is it better than buying a car?
Unlike car ownership, with our Car Club you only pay for when you actually need it, so you're not wasting money paying for a vehicle whilst it sits doing nothing. With the average car costing £15 a day regardless of whether you use it, you could save thousands of pounds by only paying when you need it.
We have a large fleet of cars spread around London, parked in their own designated bays and they can be reserved for up to 72 hours.
Cars can be reserved any time of the day or night, accessible using a contactless card, such as an oyster card, a Matcha card or bank card. At the end of the reservation, just return to the same bay you picked up from.
Where are the cars located?
We have cars in various locations across London and are constantly working to expand. You can check out the map below to get an idea of where our cars are.
Sounds good, where do I start?
Placing a booking is really easy, simply follow these 3 steps:
1) Complete all document & identity checks, upload your driving license and send a screenshot of your DVLA check code found here
2) Select departure location, time of booking & vehicle type and select any additional options, such as 50% excess reduction and extra mileage.
3) Await booking confirmation via E-Mail or SMS
How do I start my booking?
Starting your booking is also really simple just follow these 3 steps:
1) You will receive an SMS to remind you of your booking 30 minutes before and then 5 minutes before it begins.
2) A contactless card (Matcha, Oyster, or Bank Card) can be used to enter the car.
3) Once in, use the keypad terminal to begin your booking, then drive away.
How do I end my booking?
1) Park the car in the same space and end the trip with the terminal. Make sure you’ve left the tan atleast ¼ full, if not please go and fuel up
2) Once you’ve placed the keys back in the terminal, you’ll have 5 minutes before the car automatically locks. Before this, you can use your swipe card to lock the doors.
What is included?
Each booking also comes with 50 free miles and 3rd party insurance, so you can enjoy the first few miles of your journey and feel safe knowing that the insurance has got you covered.
We also provide you with a fuel card, which you can use to fuel up the vehicle and if that's not enough to get you started, then how does free fuel and no congestion charge sound?...
Yep, that’s what we thought…the sign-up link’s at the bottom of the page.
Can I make changes to my booking?
Of course! This isn’t the army you’re joining, changes can be made before or during the booking… However, we recommend doing so as early as possible and you can do so via either the app or terminal.
To get a car for all seasons, waiting for you just around the corner, without any of the stress and costs of ownership choose our car club.
Sign-up today and get £35 credit using the code CARCLUB35
Car Club CarClub What How Use Matcha Booking Where Why Who Included End Start